Trippin' includes 10 new songs written by Robert - vocals and instrumentals, diverse and full of energy - plus our signature "reimagining" of an all-time iconic hit by The Who, "I Can't Explain". Reviews of the album and the song "Lament" have been nothing short of stellar:
- "Trippin' promises to be one of the most talked about albums of 2018...I have no doubt that it's going to be the biggest jazz release of the latter half of the 2010s." (Skope Mag)
- "Trippin' is already garnering enough praise to make it a major contender in the race for album of the year...this is unquestionably the band to watch as we enter the 2020s" (TheIndieSource.com)
- "A truly amazing album" with a "massive, bold and adventurous rock-soul-jazz fusion vibe." (Jonathan Widran)
- "5/5 stars: 'Trippin' has musicianship beyond reproach." (Keith "Muzikman" Hannaleck)
- "Thank god for what Project Grand Slam is doing in music right now" (Independent Music and Arts)
- "'Lament' is a brutally emotional power ballad that is led by a sultry jazz rhythm that is so intoxicatingly memorable that it easily knocks out any of the other hooks I've heard on the FM dial lately...'Lament' is a piece of art that is so big and bold...I don't know how anyone else is going to compete with this song or its parent album." (TheIndieSource.com)
- "In the song 'Lament', one of the biggest highlights from Trippin', Ziarra Washington delivers the most awe inspiring set of vocals this side of the 20th Century amid a jazz composition from Robert Miller that has got to be one of the most creatively designed that I've ever had the chance to review...The future is now and Project Grand Slam appear to be at the forefront of it." (GashouseRadio.com)
- "'Lament' isn't a traditional love song in nature, but more of an elegy for love and the hearts that it victimizes indiscriminately. Nevertheless, this is one of the most infectious love songs I've heard in a long time." (NoDepression.com)
"'Lament' is a brooding and reflective jazz ballad from the mind of Robert Miller and executed under the most precise, glowing production of 2018...There's something really special about Trippin' and 'Lament' in particular that sets this project apart from any of its major contemporaries in the jazz or pop music scenes." (MobAngeles.com)
Two videos from the album have been released to date on YouTube: our version of "I Can't Explain" ("The best single that I've heard this year" - Skope Mag), and "Ride 'em High".
Click here for more of our latest press!
On Sept. 13 we headlined at the Jazz, Funk & Blues Festival in Ridgefield, CT at the Ridgefield Playhouse.
This was our 7th festival of the season, following Jazz In The Park (AL), Rhythm & Rhymes (MI), Silda Jazz (Norway), Nisville Jazz (Serbia), Summer’s Not Over Yet (NJ), and Shoreline Jazz (MI).
It’s been a fabulous summer season for us, and we’re now going to take some time off in order to recharge our batteries!